Little Star Homeschool

"Do not train children to learning by force and harshness, but direct them to it by what amuses their minds, so that you may be better able to discover with accuracy the peculiar bent of the genius of each." Plato

Off we trekked to York again, yesterday. Quick look round the NRM and caught their road train to York Minster. We relaxed for an hour on the park examining gargoyles and trees.


Got completely lost looking for the castle, which turned out to be little more than a tower and a very expensive museum. A bonus however while we meandered aimlessly through York center was the excellent find of a remainder bookshop, we picked up some more reading material for Robert before heading off again. When we found the castle we climbed the steps up to Clifford's Tower, I realised how unfit I am when my legs nearly gave way at the top. Robert loved the tower, exploring the nooks and looking out through the arrow slits. John climbed higher still onto the ramparts (my ever increasing vertigo meant I stayed put) Robert has no such fear of heights and couldn't get enough of the view!



We hiked back to the train station with Robert on John's shoulders most of the way as he tried to doze off. Our train was cancelled due to 'signal failure' and with no sign of any more trains for the foreseeable so Robert got an hour's sleep at the station while we decided what to do. John's an old hand at rail travel and figured out an alternative root home catching two trains and a bus, and the challenge cheered him up no end. Amazingly ther homeward journey took the same time as the outward journey.

I've sussed getting more one photo onto blogger, hurray! There will be no stopping me now.

I've also noticed the date stamp on my camera is wrong....in years to come I will be wondering how did we manage such a sunny day in York in November???!!!

0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

About this blog

My Blog List

Followers

DAILY CARTOON click to enlarge
ANDERTOONS.COM FAMILY CARTOONS