Little Star Homeschool

"Do not train children to learning by force and harshness, but direct them to it by what amuses their minds, so that you may be better able to discover with accuracy the peculiar bent of the genius of each." Plato

I have been looking at different maths schemes available for homeschoolers. I like the idea of using blocks to shape mathematical thinking which is available via the use of cuisenaire rods but what grabbed my attention and more importantly Robert's attention was Saxon Math. The Saxon webiste offers online math games, Robert quickly pushed me out of the way, grabbed the mouse and began matching shapes and colours, sorting coins, completing colour sequences and matching numerals to sets of objects. Take a look at the games on their website at http://www.saxonpublishers.com/activities/index.jsp I am left wondering if anyone supplies Saxon Math books in the UK.

0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

About this blog

My Blog List

Followers

DAILY CARTOON click to enlarge
ANDERTOONS.COM FAMILY CARTOONS