Little Star Homeschool

"Do not train children to learning by force and harshness, but direct them to it by what amuses their minds, so that you may be better able to discover with accuracy the peculiar bent of the genius of each." Plato

We began construction yesterday and completed our first papier mache project 9pm tonight. Its a hot air ballon built round a balloon and a flower pot. I did most of the gluey messy bit, Robert helped with the painting and decorating the 'basket' with stick on funky foam shapes (his favourite craft material) and John stepped in for the technical bit - threading the string and hanging the balloon. Below is a pic of John with balloon.

Its not been a bad day considering Robert had his 3.5 year check up and jabs, he was so brave he got a sticker of which he is very proud AND a Tigger certificate!

Robert read Kipper's Beach Ball to me before he fell asleep, well when I say read I mean he recited it from memory mostly. Still I was very impressed even if it was a memory feat, those omega oils must be working! He is reading new words every day now, todays memorable word was 'craft'.

Little joke: I was singing 'how much is that doggy' and when i got to the waggly tail bit I asked Robert if he had a waggly tail. He of course said 'no' indignantly. I asked why, expecting him to say it was because he wasn't a doggy. Instead he shouted 'because I've got a bottom'. *sighs*

2 comments:

welcome to the blogring :)

Welcome to the blogring, I look forward to reading more :-)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

About this blog

My Blog List

Followers

DAILY CARTOON click to enlarge
ANDERTOONS.COM FAMILY CARTOONS