Little Star Homeschool

"Do not train children to learning by force and harshness, but direct them to it by what amuses their minds, so that you may be better able to discover with accuracy the peculiar bent of the genius of each." Plato

Robert's drawing is improving. He produced this self-portrait today.


He also wrote this poem, he began with making a fish sound with his mouth then writing what came to mind.

Fish
They swim about
do fish shout?
I think so
they shout like this
bop, hop, pop.
I made a huge chilli con carne for dinner, John and I had chilli stuffed pancakes, Robert had freshly squeezed orange juice and sugar on his. I would have cooked the pancakes for breakfast but we have been busy wrestling with a new secondhand staircarpet for two days from morning until teatime. We are also rearranging furniture to fit in the inherited pieces we have gained from John's late grandma. A fantastic vintage sideboard, new dining table and other smaller bits and pieces. I just stare in wonder at the sideboard, its walnut lacquer and if you saw it in a shop you would think it ugly but it suits our house and I can't figure out why. Anyway more storage equals less chaos and I can't bring myself to send stuff like that to landfill. Its not worn out enough!

0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

About this blog

My Blog List

Followers

DAILY CARTOON click to enlarge
ANDERTOONS.COM FAMILY CARTOONS