Little Star Homeschool

"Do not train children to learning by force and harshness, but direct them to it by what amuses their minds, so that you may be better able to discover with accuracy the peculiar bent of the genius of each." Plato

Being a fan of Steiner I wandered around a few sites and noticed this system being adopted by homeschoolers, the montessori method which I had looked at before is also popular. Before I went any further I realised that adopting established sytems for educating a child defeats the object of homeschooling. My thoughts take me onward to a free-range education, wholly eclectic and completely child-led.

1 comments:

i went to st michaels house school aged 8 to 13 & i loved it. have had lots of difficult years since then,but now aged 42 i realise & understand stieners teachings. i am now looking for more information. i want to be the happy person i was then. jillcoleman64@hotmail.co

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

About this blog

My Blog List

Followers

DAILY CARTOON click to enlarge
ANDERTOONS.COM FAMILY CARTOONS